Sorry for the late post but it is getting closer to Thanks Giving and there is a lot that we’re working on here at the house. That said I do have an update on the next show, “The Happy Ones” will be part of a collaborative show with Phil and Jenny, in February most likely at the El Dorado Lofts lobby.
I don’t know if you have seen the inside of the El Dorado Lofts (now under construction) but it’s a historic jewel in Downtown Los Angeles. It touted to be the largest deposit of Batch-Elder tile in the world, and it studded with these little pieces throughout the lobby.
The happy ones continue to come along. I present to you today’s piece, remaining untitled.
The photo is a little dark but following the same formula I’m more excited about what I can create, and what can be brought out. Color. Shape. Frost. Light. Oh and the essential oils I am using for this group are the following:
- Thieves: for it’s antifungal properties. We don’t want the paper mache to sour. Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.*
- Joy: Joy™ is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that creates magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.
- Three Wise Men: 3 Wise Men™ promotes feelings of reverence and spiritual awareness with a blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils formulated to open the subconscious. This blend, considered a gift by many, enhances emotional equilibrium as it soothes and uplifts the heart.
- Peace & Calming: Peace & Calming® is a gentle, fragrant blend. When diffused, it helps calm tensions and uplift the spirit, promoting relaxation and a deep sense of peace. When massaged on the bottoms of the feet, it can be a wonderful prelude to a peaceful night’s rest. Peace & Calming may be especially calming and comforting to young children after an overactive and stressful day.
“The Happy Ones” was inspired by the incredible response I received about the painting Frosti (“A Hidden Place, sold) pictured below.
I’ll update you on Phil and Jenny’s work as it progresses, in short we’re looking at photography and sculpture. There is still a lot of planning to do but that’s to be expected.
If you are interested in keeping in contact for the upcoming show you can join add me on facebook, or stay tuned at the blog.
I will probably be skipping my next two posts because of the holiday but I will be sure to update you with all the fun recipe’s that we are preparing for the day of Thanks.
Scott K Smith
for more information on Essential Oils and Young Living Products click my link under “Follow me” or feel free to send me a message.
*This statement (see Thieves) has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
- Angela’s 2013 Wrap-Up (llewellyn.com)
- Healing Life Now (toddatwood.com)
- Always wanted to meditate? Free online course… (cancershift.com)
- The Need To Serve Justice (templeofwitchcraft.org)
© 2009 – 2013, Scott K Smith / TheSacredOther.com. All rights reserved. If you would like to share a post or piece of artwork from the Sacred Other, Scott K Smith, please feel free to do so with a visible link within the shared content, and note that the content was created by Scott K Smith / TheSacredOther.com. I reserve the right to my work but love to share.